Brandon graduated from Harvard Law School in 2002. After graduation Brandon worked in the finance department of Chapman and Cutler LLP in Salt Lake City, where he was a partner, until 2015. Brandon's practice focuses primarily on:
- Public and project finance,
- Debt and equity financing,
- Economic and community development,
- Real estate development,
- Join ventures
Brandon has extensive experience in a variety of financial transactions, including debt and equity financings, project finance and joint ventures. Brandon represents companies and investors in these transactions.
Brandon also serves as bond counsel, disclosure counsel and underwriter’s counsel on public and project finance transactions. He has played a key role in charter school financings in Utah since the creation of the Utah Charter School Finance Authority as both bond counsel and borrower's to charter schools and counsel to the Authority. He also assisted in the drafting and creation of the charter school credit enhancement program in Utah.
Brandon has worked with a number of municipalities and developers to increase economic development using tax increment, assessment bonds and other tools.
- Counsel to developer in joint venture for the development of a hotel in Jackson, Wyoming.
- Counsel to company for both debt and equity financings to raise funds for project developent.
- Counsel to fund managers in creation of an investment fund focused on real estate projects.
- Underwriter's counsel for water revenue bonds issued by water district.
- Borrower's counsel for bonds issued to finance the acquisition and expansion of charter school with multiple campuses.
- Bond counsel for issuance of general obligation bonds by large school district.
- General counsel for large non-profit organization focused on women's issues.
- Bond counsel for issuance of excise tax bonds issued by city.